Recovering from a bushfire is a lengthy process and it takes an entire community to come together to support those who have been impacted. This page is a hub for resources and information, as well a support for the Shire of Denmark community. 

Bayview Rise Bushfire Report February 2022

DFES Adverse Fire Weather Event 2022 Community Report

If you were impacted by bushfire, there is a range of assistance and support streams you can tap into. The Shire of Denmark is partnering with Emergency Services as well as other State and local agencies and organisations to deliver and facilitate assistance.

For detailed information about the assistance available, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team at the Shire of Denmark on (08) 9848 0300 or enquiries@denmark.wa.gov.au. You are also welcome to pop by and visit us in person at 953 South Coast Highway.

Recovery Support Services

Disaster Response Hotline 1800 032 965 (dealing with the effects of a traumatic event)

Lifeline 13 11 14 (support for people in crisis)

Services Australia (mental health care and Medicare can assist with some mental health treatments)

Crisis Care 1800 199 008 (telephone information and referral for people experiencing crisis) 

Rural Link 1800 552 002 (specialist after hours mental health telephone service for people in rural communities of WA)

Department of Fire and Emergency Services | Emergency Information (13 3337) | https://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/site/bushfire/overview.html

Shire of Denmark 9848 0300 (local community services and facilities support)

State Emergency Services 132 500

Telstra 13 22 03

Legal Aid 1300 650 579

After a bushfire | What is next? 

Recovery Resources (download updated PDF here)

Department of Fire and Emergency Services has plenty of resources available for returning home after a bushfire.

These include the below and can be found at these links:

For rural and agricultural properties, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has resources available:

For grape growers, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has resources available:

The Shire of Denmark has additional Bushfire Recovery Information available:

Your Wellbeing

The effects of a traumatic incident are significant and can last for a long time with different people reacting differently to disasters and emergency situations. 

Thankfully there are numerous places that you can go for assistance following a disruptive event. 

If you need to speak to someone there are support services just a phone call away.

Disaster Response Hotline 1800 02 965

Crisis Care 9223 1111

Lifeline 13 11 14

The Samaritans 135 247

Denmark Community Resource Centre 9848 2842

Relationships Australia 1300 364 277

Centrelink 132 850

Support for children services can also be found at:

Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800

Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636

Mental Health Care Plans are available if you continue to struggle. The Medicare Better Health plan ensures all Australians are able to receive up to 20 therapy sessions. These sessions include telehealth sessions which some people may prefer because of the additional anonymity. To receive these sessions, make an appointment with your General Practitioner, describe your situation and seek a referral under the Better Health Plan. 

Resources are available including:

Disaster and Emergency Support Services | Dealing with the effects of a traumatic event (Department of Communities)

Coping with a major personal crisis (Australian Red Cross) 

Services Australia (mental health care and Medicare can assist with some mental health treatments)

Disaster Recovery Funding Assistance 

Assistance is available for individuals, families and small business who have experienced property infrastructure loss.

Department of Fire and Emergency Services | Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements 

Rural Aid | Financial Assistance 

Health Information and Services 

Rainwater Contamination following a fire is a high priority due to ash and soil from burnt paddocks and bushland can be blown or washed into rainwater tanks and dams causing contamination of the water. The use of fire retardant whilst fighting the blaze can also make its way into the local water supply.

Rainwater tanks after a bushfire | HealthyWA

Using Rainwater after a bushfire 

Use of Retardants and A-Class Foams During Bushfire Operations 

Fire Retardants and A-Class Foams

Bushfire smoke contains small and invisible particles which can affect our health as they are inhaled into our lungs. Ensure you know the impacts, risk and ways to minimise your exposure here.

Smoke hazards from bushfires 

Environmental health information following a bushfire including asbestos, ash, electrical hazards, medicines and farm chemicals is outlined here

After a bushfire | hazards on your property

Environmental health risks during and after a bushfire

Animal Welfare 

Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development is available to assist those impacted by bushfire with any livestock related concerns or issues.

If you are concerned about your livestock or require any information, please don’t hesitate to call the Shire offices on (08) 9848 0300 or come down in person to the Administration Building at 953 South Coast Highway and we will be happy to link you up with people who can assist.

More information can be found at the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development website.

Health concerns for domestic pets should be directed to your local vet.

Concerns for lost pets can be directed to Shire of Denmark rangers on (08) 9848 0300.

Concerns and queries about injured wildlife should be directed to the DBCA Wildcare Helpline on (08) 9474 9055.

Information regarding the welfare of your animals can be found here

Recovering for Animal Welfare After Emergencies 

Making and Receiving a Donation

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, to everyone who has already made an offer of donations - be it time, money or support.

We have such an amazing community!

Where can I donate food? 

NON-PERISHABLE food can be donated at the Denmark Community Resource Centre.  

The Denmark Community Resource Centre 

2 Strickland St, Denmark WA 6333

(08) 9848 2842

Where I can I donate clothing?

Mustard Seed Shop is managing all clothing donations.  Donations can be taken to the Mustard Seed Op Shop at 8 Price St, Denmark

Their opening hours are:

Mustard Seed Opening Hours


10am – 1pm


10am – 4pm


9.30am -12noon

Residents affected by the fire who require clothing can collect a Mustard Seed voucher from the CRC and will be provided clothing of their choice from Mustard seed free of charge.

Where can I make financial donations?

Cash Donations

Cash donations can be made to: 


Donation can be made online through the Denmark Community Foundation website. 


Gift vouchers and Denmark Dollar Vouchers can be donated at Denmark Community Resource Centre (CRC) located at 73 South Coast Highway, Denmark. 

9848 2842

Where can I get Denmark Dollar Vouchers? 

Denmark Dollar vouchers are available for purchase at the Denmark Chamber of Commerce and can be dropped off at the Denmark Community Resource Centre. 

Denmark Chamber of Commerce

73 South Coast Highway, Denmark 

9848 2065

Can I donate to a Go Fund Me page?

There are a few Go Fund Me pages that have been set up by members of the community. It is completely at your discretion and risk should you choose to donate through this site.

Where can I donate domestic animal feed? 

Cornerstone Vet will accept donations for domestic animals only. They do not have capacity to stock livestock feed. 

967 South Coast Hwy, Denmark WA 6333

9848 1551 


Where can I donate livestock feed? 

The Shire of Denmark is compiling a registry of donations for livestock feed. Contact the Shire to be placed on the list. 

Shire of Denmark 


9848 0300

Where can I donate household goods and miscellaneous items? 

We are asking that you hold off with donating house-hold goods and bulky items as we currently do not know what affected residents need and a shortage of storage facilities. The Shire is compiling a donation register and we can add you to the list. We can then get you in contact with affected residents requiring the goods.    

Shire of Denmark 


9848 0300

Receiving a Donation

Where can I get clothes from?

Denmark Community Resource Centre (CRC) can provide you with a voucher for the Mustard Seed Op Shop where you can get clothing for free.  The Mustard Shop is located at 8 Price St, Denmark Their opening hours are:

Mustard Seed Opening Hours


10am – 1pm


10am – 4pm


9.30am -12noon

Where can I get financial assistance? 

If you are experiencing hardship, the Demark CRC can provide gift vouchers, Denmark Dollar vouchers or IGA food vouchers.

They are located at 2 Strickland St, Denmark WA 6333 or Telephone (08) 9848 2842

Where can I help with livestock feed?

The Shire of Denmark is maintaining a register of people who would like to donate stock feed. Contact the Shire and we will put you in direct contact with the person and you can organise the pickup/drop off of the feed.   

Shire of Denmark


9848 0300

Where can I get food for my domestic pet?

Check with Cornerstone Vet to see if there are any donation available.

967 South Coast Hwy, Denmark WA 6333

9848 1551


If you have any questions about how to donate in any way to the fire recovery effort, please contact our Community Development Officer Rosie Arnephie on 9848 0300 or rosemarie.arnephie@denmark.wa.gov.au


Tell Us Your Needs

You can contact us and tell us what it is we can help you with.

Complete the feedback form here.