Planning & Building - Guidelines & Information Sheets

Not sure where to start? Take a look at our Information Sheets for an introduction to a range of common topics.

Planning Information Sheets

Ancillary Dwellings (Granny Flats)

Bed & Breakfast Accommodation

Building Envelopes

Bushfire Prone Areas

Buying a Property

Camping Businesses & Caravan Parks


Detached Habitable Rooms

Driveways/ Crossovers

Exterior Building Colours


Holiday Homes

Holiday Units/ Chalets (coming soon)

Home Businesses

Retaining Walls



Sustainable Homes

Tiny Homes on Wheels

Vegetation Clearing

Water Tanks, Solar & Greywater

More information about our planning scheme and policies can be found on our Local Planning Framework page.

Checklists and/or templates are available for Holiday Homes, Caravan Parks & Camping Grounds and Advertising Signage.

Technical standards and application forms for stormwater connections, crossovers and other engineering works can be found here.


Building Information Sheets

[coming soon]


Bushfire Prone Areas

The State Government has designated ‘bushfire prone areas’ across parts of Western Australia where there is a potentially higher risk to life and property from bushfires.

State policies for bushfire protection apply increased development requirements and standards within these designated areas. For example, you will need to employ a qualified person to complete a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) assessment before building your home in a bushfire prone area.

More information is available at the following links:


See also:

Local Planning Framework

Enquiries & Public Consultation