Private Functions

Private events include weddings, birthdays, school carnivals and other events that are not open to public attendance or participation.

If your event is taking place at a Shire reserve or facility you will need to make a booking.

You may also need to make application to the Shire for approval of your event if any of the following apply:

  • Food or alcohol will be sold
  • There is a fee or ticket required to attend
  • More than 50 people are likely to be in attendance
  • Your event requires COVID Event Plan according to current State Government direction
  • Your event is taking place at a private venue that does not have an existing ‘public building approval’ (eg. is not an existing function venue)

Click here to make a booking, start an event application or to find out more information.

Not sure? Call our Community Services team on (08) 9848 0300.

Further information: