Youth Advisory Council
Terms of Reference
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a group of young people who are interested in the issues facing young people today - and want to do something about them.
The YAC is responsible to:
- Advise the local government on a wide range of youth issues and initiatives;
- Advise the State Government on matters important to youth;
- Assist in deciding funding priorities for youth facilities, events and services;
- Assist to distribute information to young people and the wider community;
- Develop and organise activities and events for local young people;
- Encourage greater participation of young people in a range of community initiatives, including volunteer service and leadership opportunities;
- Initiate and develop local grant proposals;
- Develop initiatives to assist raise the profile of the Denmark Youth Centre for all young people in the target group (12 to 25 years of age, inclusive) in the community;
- Review, at reasonable intervals, Council’s Provision of Youth Services Policy P080301 to ensure its ongoing accuracy and relevance.
Cr Jan Lewis
Manager of Recreation & Youth Services
Youth Services Supervisor
7 x Young Persons aged between the ages of 12 and 25, inclusive (noting that for those young people under 18 years of age, parental approval and support is encouraged).
Officer Secretariat: Director of Community & Regulatory Services or nominee
Meeting Frequency: As required but generally quarterly.
For further information about the Youth Advisory Council please contact the Manager of Recreation & Youth Services on (08) 9848 2044 or email email@example.com.