Camping & Cooking Fires
Camping and cooling fires are permitted in the Shire of Denmark under the following conditions;
- A TOTAL FIRE BAN has not been issued
- The Fire Danger Rating is not VERY HIGH OR ABOVE
- The fire is at a person’s home, residence or designated location and attended
- The fire is contained in one of the following;
- A purpose built structure of bricks or rocks and mortar; or
- A purpose built steel container recognised as a properly constructed BBQ ;or
- Is in a sand pit that has a maximum diameter of 1 metre and walls of at least 30 cm.
- All flammable material must be cleared from within a 5 metre radius of the outer rim of the fire, fire pit or built structure.
A BUSH FIRE CONTROL OFFICER HAS THE RIGHT TO REQUEST THAT A CAMPING OR COOKING FIRE IS EXTINGUISHED AT ANY TIME!
- Riverbend Caravan Park
- Ayr Sailean Chalets
- Boat Harbour Chalets
- Parry’s Beach Caravan Park
- Parry’s Beach Angling Club Hut
- Peaceful Bay Caravan Park
You could be fined up to $3,000.00 if you fail to comply with the conditions for a camping or cooking fire.
See pages 13 and 14 of the Fire Regulation Notice.