Local Emergency Management Committee
Our vision is for the Shire of Denmark’s residents, ratepayers and businesses to be adequately protected, risks are minimised and recovery operations coordinated swiftly and efficiently.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
To implement the objectives of the Western Australian Emergency Management Arrangements Public Statement number 7, that is;
- To advise and assist the local government in ensuring that local emergency management arrangements are established for its district;
- To liaise with public authorities and other persons in the development, review and testing of local emergency management arrangements; and
- To carry out other emergency management activities as directed by the SEMC or prescribed by the Emergency Management Act or Regulations.
- Prepare an annual report on Committee activities for submission to the District Emergency Management Committee.
- The local emergency management arrangements are to set out -
- a. the local government’s policies for emergency management;
- b. the roles and responsibilities of public authorities and other persons involved in emergency management in the local government district;
- c. provisions about the coordination of emergency operations and activities relating to emergency management performed by the persons mentioned in paragraph (b);
- d. a description of emergencies that are likely to occur in the local government district;
- e. strategies and priorities for emergency management in the local government district;
- f. other matters about emergency management in the local government district prescribed by the regulations; and
- g. other matters about emergency management in the local government district the local government considers appropriate.
- h. Local emergency management arrangements are to be consistent with the State emergency management policies and State emergency management plans.
- i. Local emergency management arrangements are to include a recovery plan and the nomination of a local recovery coordinator.
To view the Local Emergency Management Committee Charter please click on the link below.
Local Emergency Management Committee Charter
View the Minutes from the Local Emergency Management Committee meetings