Our vision is to make the Shire of Denmark a safe community by managing the risk of fire through the delivery and implementation of fire prevention, preparedness, response and recovery strategies.
Terms of Reference
- To recommend and regularly review Councils Policies relating to the delivery of fire prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
- To provide support and guidance to all Bush Fire Brigades within the Shire of Denmark and to assist those Brigades to fulfill their objectives.
- To establish and maintain an operational command and control structure by developing procedures to enhance the ability of the Brigades to carry out operations, activities and training efficiently and effectively.
- To ensure co-operation and co-ordination between all Fire Brigades within the Shire of Denmark and between all other Fire Brigades and stakeholders in there efforts and activities.
- To advise Council regarding all matters relating to prosecutions for breaches of the Bush Fires Act 1954.
- To advise Regional Officers in the area and any other relevant person or organization on matters referred to the committee.
- To report to Council on matters referred to the committee by Council.
- To perform any other function assigned to the Committee under section 67 of the Bush Fires Act, regulations or Council policy.
To view the Bush Fire Advisory Committee Charter click on the link below.
Bush Fire Advisory Committee Charter
View Minutes of the Bush Fire Advisory Committee