Seniors Services

On this page

Age Friendly Community Study

Transport Options in Denmark

WA Seniors Card

Seniors Housing Centre

Age Friendly Community

Council received the DENMARK AGE FRIENDLY COMMUNITY STUDY (FINAL REPORT) JUNE 2011 - on the 26 July 2011 (Resolution No. 140711). The Strategy included 35 recommendations from which the Seniors Advisory Committee formed an Implementation Plan which was subsequently adopted by Council in June 2012.  

Transport Options

Public Transport is not available in Denmark.  Transport options include:

Seniors Card

Seniors Card holders are entitled to a range of government concessions and discounts of 10% to 50% off the price of goods and services from over 500 businesses listed in the online  WA Seniors Card Discount Directory.

You can enjoy the benefits of a WA Seniors Card if you are:

  • aged 60 years or more
  • a permanent resident of Western Australia (include holders of the sub class 410 or 405 Visa who have lived in WA for a minimum of 5 years and reside in WA for a minimum of 6 months each year)
  • not in full time employment (i.e. I work 25 hours or less per week, averaged over a 12 month period).

For more information or to apply for a Seniors Card visit the WA Seniors Card website.

Home Security Equipment Rebate 

The State government has restored the $400 rebate to assist with purchase and installation of home security equipment.

Western Australian Seniors Card members can now claim up to $400 per household towards the purchase of eligible home security equipment.

Eligible items include home security, fire safety or electrical safety items.

More information can be found here.

Department of Commerce - Seniors Housing Centre

The Seniors Housing Centre (SHC) is a free, independent information and advice service covering the full range of housing options for seniors in WA. It is delivered by the Department of Commerce in partnership with the Council on the Ageing Western Australia (COTA WA). The SHC does not directly offer housing, or provide financial and legal advice, but can be an invaluable source of information for seniors and their families.

The information on their website covers the many housing options available; from modifying or redeveloping existing homes to renting or moving into a strata titled community, a residential park or retirement village.

To visit their website go to:

Department of Commerce Website.

You can telephone the SHC (located in Perth) for the cost of a local call on 1300 367 057 or email them at